• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • papabuell
    Registrierter Benutzer

new project.

Hello, I'm Frank from Belgium and I have a problem.
    I am currently playing with the casablancas and they are playing great, just not in the new home.
    Here I miss the low part, adjusting the space is not possible.
    So the only solution is to build a new speaker that gives more bass.
    Found a few contenders among the Visaton designs, namely the Atlas mk2-Concorde 2 and the Solitude.
    What are your thoughts on this or do you have any other suggestions.
    The speakers must still be around 90 db efficiency since I play with a luxman 590 classA of 30 watts.
    Thanks for the answers.
  • Kay*
    Registrierter Benutzer

adjusting the space is not possible
    that's maybe the first problem
    refer
    https://www.hunecke.de/en/knowledge/...ics/index.html
    best regards
    Kay

Kommentar

• walwal
      Registrierter Benutzer

A new speaker is NOT the solution. It's speaker and listening-position. Can you give us information about this, esp. room-size?
      „Audiophile verwenden ihre Geräte nicht, um Ihre Musik zu hören. Audiophile verwenden Ihre Musik, um ihre Geräte zu hören.“

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• Markus213
        Registrierter Benutzer

Ich würde die Casablanca umbauen. In das untere Teil würde ich einen TIW300 einbauen, natürlich die 10cm Verbindung verschließen. Den Oberteil als Satellit ab 200Hz, den unteren als BR laufen lassen.
        Es ist meine Meinung, die ohne Angaben von Gründen geändert werden kann. Fehler oder Irrtümer vorbehalten! Für die Richtigkeit der Angaben kann keine Gewähr übernommen werden

Kommentar

• Hiege
          Registrierter Benutzer

Huhu

If you have an Android Smartphone, you can use pink noise and the app spectroid for a First Check.

And please check - +

I also think another speaker is not the best solution.

​​​​​​The wall material in your listening room is also important.

Greets

Ich glaube mit dem Englisch lasse ich das besser

Kommentar

• walwal
            Registrierter Benutzer

Atlas 2 and Concorde 2 are the old models, Atlas 5 and Concode 3 or Concorde WG (much better) are the new ones.
            May be, an aktive subwoofer will solve your problems, because you can position it on the (acoustic) best place.
            Zuletzt geändert von walwal; 06.06.2023, 12:06.
            „Audiophile verwenden ihre Geräte nicht, um Ihre Musik zu hören. Audiophile verwenden Ihre Musik, um ihre Geräte zu hören.“

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• papabuell
              Registrierter Benutzer

The space is 6.5 mt wide and 5.4 mt deep, ceiling 2.8 mt high.
              A sub may not be placed (from the woman) nor absorption panels so I'm stuck there.
              My sitting position is about 4 mt from the center of the setup.

Kommentar

• papabuell
                Registrierter Benutzer

Zitat von walwal Beitrag anzeigen
                Atlas 2 and Concorde 2 are the old models, Atlas 5 and Concode 3 or Concorde WG (much better) are the new ones.
                May be, an aktive subwoofer will solve your problems, because you can position it on the (acoustic) best place.
                Y dont find info about the concorde WG.

Kommentar

• walwal
                  Registrierter Benutzer

https://forum.visaton.de/forum/neue-...-mit-waveguide

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• Lebrichon

If the speakers are connected correctly and the bass response is still not okay, I guess it is a typical room acoustic problem, which Kay* and walwal already mentioned.

I've made a small sketch of your room:
                    Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: Listening position.png
Ansichten: 551
Größe: 36,9 KB
ID: 711858
                    Could you please confirm the position of the speakers and your listening position in this sketch? Perhaps your listening position is in an area, where the bass response is very low because of standing waves.

By the way: With the following online tool https://www.hunecke.de/en/calculators/loudspeakers.html you can calculate the room and its response to different loudspeakers. It can help to understand your problem, even if exactly your speakers are not included in their list.
                    Visaton Technik und Entwicklung

Kommentar

• walwal
                      Registrierter Benutzer

I was eager....that looks real bad. Just a guess, no exakt positions. But there is hope: move the speakers to the backwall and there ist no leak of bass anymore.

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht  Name: bassloch.jpg Ansichten: 0 Größe: 40,0 KB ID: 711860

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• papabuell
                        Registrierter Benutzer

Zitat von Lebrichon Beitrag anzeigen
                        If the speakers are connected correctly and the bass response is still not okay, I guess it is a typical room acoustic problem, which Kay* and walwal already mentioned.

Could you please confirm the position of the speakers and your listening position in this sketch? Perhaps your listening position is in an area, where the bass response is very low because of standing waves.

By the way: With the following online tool https://www.hunecke.de/en/calculators/loudspeakers.html you can calculate the room and its response to different loudspeakers. It can help to understand your problem, even if exactly your speakers are not included in their list.
                        The speakers are 135 cm from the side wall and 20 cm from the back wall.
                        Between the speakers are 2 column cabinets and a low cabinet with the installation.
                        Have already had measurements done and we saw a decent dip below 100hz.
                        The solution was bass traps and acoustic panels behind the speakers and on the opposite wall.
                        But this is unfortunately not allowed by the woman.
                        So we have to look for other solutions.
                        The only thing I can think of are speakers that give more bass.

Kommentar

• papabuell
                          Registrierter Benutzer

We tried to close the bass ports at the front and mount a large one at the rear, but the result was disappointing.

Kommentar

• Kay*
                            Registrierter Benutzer

Frank,

do you tried closing the bass ports complete too?

it's possible to show your measurement?
                            best regards
                            Kay

Kommentar

• walwal
                              Registrierter Benutzer

If the speakers are connected correctly...
                              Are they? Please check with a listening test.

https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_polaritycheck.php

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

Lädt...
                              X