Ankündigung

Einklappen
Keine Ankündigung bisher.

Plans for TL enclosures with cheap Visaton drivers?

Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • mr_push_pull
    Registrierter Benutzer

Plans for TL enclosures with cheap Visaton drivers?

I found recently the plans for the CT 142 enclosure, and I thought that it's a nice TL, cheap drivers, simple to build. I wonder if there are some other TL enclosures using cheap Visaton drivers (limit is around 150 Eu for all the drivers), because my selection is limited to Visaton (poor availability around here for other brands). It would be nioce if someone had something to share. After reading a lot of stuff about TLs, I simply fell in love with them and I'm set on building a pair on a budget. Thank you in advance.
  • Benny
    Registrierter Benutzer

Could it be that I noticed your nick at diyAudio.com?
    Have you read mine and joensd's posts?
    http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...threadid=36897
    Perhaps one of the others has a hint, too...

Note: Wrong section on this board. In this section we discuss about building enclosures a. s. o.
    But it's excusable, because this is your first post and I suppose, that you're not so firm with the german language...
    MfG B.

-- kleine Knipsereien-- [15. 01. 2012]

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
      Registrierter Benutzer

Re: Plans for TL enclosures with cheap Visaton drivers?

Not only that I'm not so firm with the german language, but I don't know a word in german. I asked someone to translate for me, and this section seemed the best for my post. Sorry if I got that wrong. And yes, I also posted ion diyaudio.

Kommentar

• joensd
        Registrierter Benutzer

Hi,
        nice you found your way to the forums.
        Looking at the designs from Visaton you will find that the CT142 is the cheapest design available.
        You can of course take other drivers and build your own design.
        The W170SC for example being not much more expensive, can push some more air and will do well in a TL.
        I simulated it in Martin Kings worksheets and can send you the file if you want.

Jens

PS.: Vielen Dank für die Allegro-Pläne! Bin im Moment im Stress und meld mich wenn der und der Urlaub vorbei ist.
        Dann kann ich Dir auch berichten, wie meine Gradient-TL (ups) geworden ist. boom-boom-boom-shake da room
        jens

Kommentar

• ichse1
          Registrierter Benutzer

CT 142 with W170S

mfg Stefan
          mfg Stefan

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
            Registrierter Benutzer

Original geschrieben von joensd
            Hi,
            nice you found your way to the forums.
            Looking at the designs from Visaton you will find that the CT142 is the cheapest design available.
            You can of course take other drivers and build your own design.
            The W170SC for example being not much more expensive, can push some more air and will do well in a TL.
            I simulated it in Martin Kings worksheets and can send you the file if you want.

Jens

PS.: Vielen Dank für die Allegro-Pläne! Bin im Moment im Stress und meld mich wenn der und der Urlaub vorbei ist.
            Dann kann ich Dir auch berichten, wie meine Gradient-TL (ups) geworden ist. boom-boom-boom-shake da room
            Hello Jens

I thought about it myself, simulating the enclosure using Martin King's sheets and the baffle diffraction simulator, to see if any improvement can be made, probably yes. Before finding out the plans for the CT142, I started designing a TL with Visaton drivers from scratch, using MK's sheet, but I found the process to be more complicated than I thought, and, as non-scientific as this approach may be, I can live with using someone else's work, and try to see if I can improve something here and there. It would be nice if you sent me the sheets for the TL that you have designed. You can use this email address: calin_dorohoi@yahoo.com And thank you for having the patience to answer in English!

PS: Btw, what does your signature say? That "boom-boom" after something about TLs intrigues me I gotta learn German.

Kommentar

• joensd
              Registrierter Benutzer

It was not a signature but a response to Benny´s email.
              I finished a TL with a Gradient that "GM" of diyaudio.com designed
              and from now on I´m very intrigued by TL´s.
              diyaudio link

I really do love the sound but yet have to find a tweeter or will incorporate a 3" fullrange.
              Yes the boom boom was a hint about the fascinating bass.
              It´s dry, never gets boomy and is somewhere in the room.

My suggestion would be:
              Pick a driver you like, start designing a TL and put up a thread here and at diyaudio.com.
              I´m sure GM and others will respond and improve where it´s needed.
              Then put a tweeter in the design and start the crossover.

Jens

PS.: Didnt´realize the W170S is used in the CT142. In that case you could just as well go for it.
              jens

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
                Registrierter Benutzer

It's just now that I took a look on your diyaudio link, and GM's answer is as precise as it can be. When dealing with MK's sheet, I'd find myself saying to myself "there probably is a formula for calculating the flattest response in a TL, for a given loadspeaker". Great. I'll use that and see how much CT142 deviates.
                Zuletzt geändert von mr_push_pull; 08.07.2004, 13:42.

Kommentar

• joensd
                  Registrierter Benutzer

When dealing with MK's sheet, I'd find myself saying to myself "there probably is a formula for calculating the flattest response in a TL, for a given loadspeaker".
                  I´m sure that a few people get good results quite fast but you´ve to be familiar with the software.
                  I start with volumes spitted out by for example WinISD.
                  Take max.flat or extended bass alignment and put those figures into the sheets.
                  You need to adjust lenght for the driver and a proper tuning.
                  The first peak in the impedance plots shows you the tuning of the TL (worksheets).
                  Then adjust port and port lenght and driver position which I´m still not sure where to put it but best is around 1/3 of the line.

Some more links to Bob Brines site and a few threads where GM talks about how to start with the worksheets.
                  http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...055&highlight=
                  jens

Kommentar

• ObeiMi
                    Registrierter Benutzer

Sorry for highjacking this thread, but could somebody help me with a project for a TL sub using a 20cm Visaton woofer? Available space restrictions don't allow me to use a bigger woofer (>20cm) or a longer line than 1,80m.

I have installed the mathcad worksheets from quater-wave.com, but they don't seem to work on my PC....

I'm trying to follow the passdiy.com project El pipo, which recommends a 20cm woofer with a Fs of aprox 40Hz in a 6 foot long PVC pipe, but I didn't find any 20cm Visaton speaker with a 40Hz Fs and I don't understand how stuffing influences line lenght: for a woofer with a Fs of 40Hz, line lenght should be over 2m and not 6 feet (1,8m) like the El pipo....

It it matters, I have a 3*4m room, 2,5m high, the woofer will be placed under a support girder/beam so the available hight is 2m aprox and I want 40Hz at 3dB.

Thank you

Kommentar

Lädt...
                    X