• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Mixa
    Registrierter Benutzer

Need help with FRS8 and B200 projects

I was reading previous posts about this with google translate option, but if you could answer in english it would be great.
    First of all, is FRS 8 good speaker? I have been listening to some cheap fullrange driver lately and found that 3d imaging of sound is great. Therefore i would like to build pc monitors with FRS 8.

BoxSim is excellent program, and with him i get bassreflex box 5L of volume, with port tuned at 110Hz as ideal. But with WinIsd situation is completely different, better is closed box with 5L of volume. Who i should trust? (I must say that speakers will be supported by subwoofer up to 120-150Hz.)

Second project is for living room. I never heard Solo 100, so i need some sound description. Does it need bass support or even tweeter? Is the sound overall pleasant to listen (because of frequency response). Is this project better than Alto2G or StarletG ?
    I already have standard Alto 2 but i am not impressed with voice reproduction.

Thanks for answers!
  • Diablo
    Registrierter Benutzer

du you have a TFT or a normal cathode ray tube monitor???

in the second case magnetic shielding of the driver is very important, if you position the loudspeakers near the monitor
    the FRS8 has no magnetic shielding

if you have subwoofer-support, don't build a bassreflex box, a closed box would certainly be better and much smaller
    (by the way: a tuning-frwequenzy of 110Hz is (in my opinion) not usable as "bass" )

to come to the solo 100:
    I also didn't hear a solo jet, but what I heard is:
    you must have heard a solo before you build one because the sound is so different from other boxes that the sound could be disappointing for you although the box itself is very good an vell built
    Die Chance ohne Tippschein im Lotto zu gewinnen ist fast genauso hoch wie mit Tippschein.

Kommentar

• HCW
      HCW
      Registrierter Benutzer

i think, diablo misunderstood. If You want to find an enclosure for the FRS 8, don´t try to simulate a vented one. Because of the high Qts, FRS8 is only well placed in an approx. 1 L closed or "KU" (does somebody know the correct translation?). The FRS needs (except exotic concepts like horn or TQWT) an additional subwoofer.

If You are experienced with the normal Alto, at first add the special designed RLC-Unit (find it by forum search) to smoove the DT94´s frequency response around 10 kHz, in a next step You can modify your Altos to Alto G and you will get a good "allrounder". The B200- designs are not to compare with any multi-way speaker.

Christian

Kommentar

• Diablo
        Registrierter Benutzer

I would translate "KU" (kontrollierte undichte) as controlled leakage

the RLC-unit should be this one
        http://www.visaton.de/deutsch/bildgr..._bweiche1.html
        Die Chance ohne Tippschein im Lotto zu gewinnen ist fast genauso hoch wie mit Tippschein.

Kommentar

• Fosti
          Registrierter Benutzer

I would translate "KU" = "kontrollierte Undichtigkeit" with "aperiodically vented cabinet" or "aperiodic cabinet"

http://www.redwineaudio.com/Omega_B200_Aperiodic.html

Cheers,
          Fosti
          Ich stimme ansonsten dafür, deinen Nick in "Cato" zu ändern; derjenige, der im Senat immer mit "...im übrigen bin ich der Meinung, dass MEG gehört werden muss!" geschlossen hat . (copyright by mechanic)

Kommentar

• GabbaGandalf
            Registrierter Benutzer

Hello!
            by using an aperiodic vent, it is possible to build a even smaller box.
            I´ve built satellite speakers with the Frs 8 in one liter, with aperiodic vent (selfmade with a piece of thick paper, some wool and a furniture-rosette?(moebelrosette)).
            additionally, i added a high-pass filter, consisting of a 200µF elecktrolytic audio capacitor, to make them more loadable.
            in my opinion, these small boxes sound really great, considering the money invested.
            concerning your living room:
            all constructions with a b200 and no added woofers will need some bass-support, if you want really deep or loud bass.
            Zuletzt geändert von GabbaGandalf; 03.03.2006, 19:23.
            wer rechtschreibefehler findet darf sie behalten!

Kommentar

• walsc
              Registrierter Benutzer

A year ago i experimented a lot with the FRS8. I found out that you can put four FRS8 very close to a tube-screen TV if you place them behind the screen on the left and right side, but you have no chance to place them onthe top or the bottom of your TV, this would disturb the picture heavily.

After listening several months to a set of 20 FRS8 with subwoofer i can say that you will not have to buy a tweeter but the sound without a tweeter is somehow missing brilliance and freshness if the distance to the speakers is 3 m or above.

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X