• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Sjoerd
    Registrierter Benutzer

Skyline mk 2 with g 20 sc?

Hey all,

Would it be possible te build a skyline with a g 20 sc tweeter ( Couplet tweeter).

The reasson I ask this question: I havn't got a clue how to modify the crossover network, I'm a total noob at this kind of thing.

thanks
  • BigAl
    Registrierter Benutzer

So for what reason you wanna do that? Got the G20s already "on stock"? I am quite sure one can modify the crossover in the right way.

Kommentar

• Sjoerd
      Registrierter Benutzer

Original geschrieben von BigAl
      So for what reason you wanna do that? Got the G20s already "on stock"? I am quite sure one can modify the crossover in the right way.
      Yep, I've already got a set of g 20 sc tweeters.

The problem is that i stil don't really have any knowledge at all about building speakers.

Gr
      Sjoerd

Kommentar

• UweG
        Registrierter Benutzer

I just compared the new data of DSM25FFL and G20SC with the skyline crossover network for the tweeter in Boxsim.
        If you remove all resistors at the tweeter and replace the 8.2µF by 15 µF, then the G20SC is quite similar to the DSM25FFL with the original network.
        Boxsim ... wenn Lautsprechersimulation gelingen soll.

Kommentar

• derjan
          Registrierter Benutzer

The original Skyline MK II is equipped with the G25HE !

Kommentar

• UweG
            Registrierter Benutzer

Sorry, I didn't look at the MK II in "Neue Bauvorschläge und Modifikationen".

To replace the G25HE in the Skyline MKII by a G20SC remove the 22 Ohm resistor and replace the 4.7 Ohm resistor with a 2.2 Ohm. The 10µF should be replaced by 22µF mainly to correct the phase response.
            Boxsim ... wenn Lautsprechersimulation gelingen soll.

Kommentar

• Sjoerd
              Registrierter Benutzer

Original geschrieben von UweG
              Sorry, I didn't look at the MK II in "Neue Bauvorschläge und Modifikationen".

To replace the G25HE in the Skyline MKII by a G20SC remove the 22 Ohm resistor and replace the 4.7 Ohm resistor with a 2.2 Ohm. The 10µF should be replaced by 22µF mainly to correct the phase response.
              Hi,

Thanks for the information. Is there any big difference in sound (klang?) between the G 20 sc and the G25 HE?

The G 20 SC is the only visaton tweeter I ever listend to, I dont have any refference to compare the G 20 Sc to.

Gr
              Sjoerd

Kommentar

Lädt...
              X