• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • LNeilB
    Registrierter Benutzer

English speakers?

If any of you who speak english, I'd like your opinions.
    I would like to get some idea of what the VOX series sounds like. Is it full and rich, with good bass slam? Or is it lean and analytical or bright? Do any of you have experience with the ceramic tweeter? If so, how did you like it. Any feedback on any of the kits would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Neil
  • VISATON
    Administrator

Hello Neil, I hope other members will tell you something about the good sound of the VOX series. But if you happen to go to Australia you can convince yourselve that the KE 25 SC is really an outstanding dome tweeter.

http://www.legendspeakers.com.au/kantuspe.htm
    Admin

Kommentar

• LNeilB
      Registrierter Benutzer

Could you explain more?

How do they sound? Are they full and strong? Just trying to get an idea before I spend the money. Which Vox model would you recommend?

Kommentar

• Frank S
        Registrierter Benutzer

The VOX300! This version was created by Visaton after a Thread in this forum asking for a Vox with extended woofer performance. The increase of max. SPL is quite impressive compared to the old VOX25X with TIW250. In large rooms or home cinema application, the 12" woofer of the Vox300 will certainly be beneficial. A friend drives the Vox300 with a Rotel RB1090. The Vox never comes into distortion, regardless of the music program or the volume.

The sound of the Vox300 is clear and neutral. It is not full and rich if you refer to the colored sound of a tube amplifier. Instead, the mid- and highrange sounds like a Martin Logan and the bass better than that of a JBL Ti5000. It is very deep and clean - having no emphasis or distortion like other brands. You do not hear ultra low frequencies - but you can feel them. The ceramic tweeter is outstanding, not playing hardly or sharp at all. Its sound integrates perfectly into that of the other drivers. There is no cut-off frequency where you can say "now it is done by the ceramic tweeter".

The Vox300 should be used in rooms with at least 30m^2 to archive full performance. In small rooms, ther position of the instruments does not fit and the bass has a emphasis around 80Hz.

In contrast to most other brands, Visaton products are developed to produce 100% neutral performance. If you like the sound of a AKG, you will most likely be satisfied with the Vox, too.

Kommentar

Lädt...
        X