• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • mr_push_pull
    Registrierter Benutzer

Xover suggestion

Could someone suggest an x-over for the combination W170S/4Ohm with G20SS/8Ohm? I have toyed with XOverSim and the published Visaton specs and I arrived to a 3rd order with Zobel for the mid-bass and plain 2nd order for the tweeter without impedance correction, but I'm not shure wether to go with this combination. Any advice?
  • Tosti
    Registrierter Benutzer

Hi,
    there exists already a developed crossover for this combination. Look out for the "Morion" by HobbyHifi. You'll find one in the gallery.

Greets
    Tosti
    Endlich !!! wieder im Wohnzimmer: The Final Mein Voxkino Eckhörnchen 4x Studio1 CB als Surrounds

Kommentar

• ichse1
      Registrierter Benutzer

The HH Morion uses the W170S 8ohm! So the crossover cannot be used for this setup.

Use the search function for "Alto G" .
      mfg Stefan

Kommentar

• Tosti
        Registrierter Benutzer

@ichse1:
        oups, sorry Well, at least it's a W170
        Endlich !!! wieder im Wohnzimmer: The Final Mein Voxkino Eckhörnchen 4x Studio1 CB als Surrounds

Kommentar

• Round1
          Registrierter Benutzer

Moin mr_push_pull,

Visaton offerd a cheap upgrade for the Alto Series => socalled Alto G Series. At first they used the G20FFL. This Tweeter is not supported any more. You can use the better G20SC without any change on the Xover.

At www.speaker-online.de you will find the schematics. You will find them behind the last link in the category (left side) "Bauvorschläge".

I hope I could help you.

Gruss AS 8-)

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
            Registrierter Benutzer

Thanks guys, I was just about to make the mistake of taking the filter from Morion, without noticing that it is designed for W170S/8Ohm. OK, I'll look at the filter for Alto G, I gave up the idea of trying to design my own, it's a nightmare. Thanks again.

Kommentar

• Benny
              Registrierter Benutzer

You'll find the xover in "our" board too...
              Try and have a look here: http://www.visaton.de/vb/showthread....&threadid=6973

Sorry Round1...
              MfG B.

-- kleine Knipsereien-- [15. 01. 2012]

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
                Registrierter Benutzer

I looked on the forum too. Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
                  Registrierter Benutzer

One thing I noticed with Visaton suggested xovers, they don't generally use impedance correction.
                  For instance I simulated the xover from Alto G in XOverSim and it had a huge impedance rise around 4 KHz...

Kommentar

• Benny
                    Registrierter Benutzer

Where's the problem?
                    Impedance correction is only necessary when you use tube amps.
                    Chip amps don't really have a problem with impedances which are not corrected...
                    MfG B.

-- kleine Knipsereien-- [15. 01. 2012]

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
                      Registrierter Benutzer

Original geschrieben von Benny
                      Where's the problem?
                      Impedance correction is only necessary when you use tube amps.
                      Chip amps don't really have a problem with impedances which are not corrected...
                      That's not what I've been told. Maybe I don't understand the concept correctly, but there are a great many people that emphasize the importance of impedance equalization even with solid state.

Kommentar

• Round1
                        Registrierter Benutzer

Moin,

Yes, your right, impedance equalisation could improve some speaker systems, but please remeber that you are interested in one of the cheapest speakers.

The usage of the G20SC Tweeter gives the posibility for a usefull upgrade of the alto series which was designed for beginners and people with a small budget. In most cases these costomers are interested in saving money, so that the price is the most interested fact.

If you sum all the costs for such you´re talking about, you would surely get a better speaker from the beginning.

If you use a transistor amp with low output impedance you would get surly no advantage of an inpedance equlisation.

Gruss AS 8-)

Kommentar

• mr_push_pull
                          Registrierter Benutzer

Something like "why bother, it will suck anyway"?

Kommentar

Lädt...
                          X