Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • nanino
    Registrierter Benutzer

Aria light hybrid

Hello folks,

I plan to build 5.1 speaker set consisting of:
    - three Aria 2 kits (for fronts and center channel),
    - SUB T-20.39 kit + Hypex DS2.0 as active sub-woofer.

I would please you to help me with design of surround speakers, for which I have these requirements (ordered by importance):

a. sound level should be equal to Aria 2 kits, because I have no level adjustment for surround speakers on my receiver in 6 channel mode
    b. I'm not able to design and build special crossover, I prefer to use "out-of-the-box" one
    c. I do not need high end for surrounds, they should sound reasonably good for reasonable price
    d. if possible, sound character should be similar to Aria 2
    e. smaller are better

Considering all of these requirements and deploying all of my knowledge I have an idea to build some "Aria light hybrid" consisting of:
    - G 20 SC 8 as tweeter
    - W 100 S 4 as mid-woofer
    - connected with crossover for Aria 2 light kit
    - housed in box designed for Aria light kit.

Is it good idea to build this kind of hybrid? If no, please suggest another solution satisfying my requirements.

Please, write your answers in English, I do not understand German.

Many thanks!
  • squeeze
    Registrierter Benutzer

the aria light will be a good loudspeaker, but i dont think you can use the original crossover of the aria 2 light. why can´t you use a w100s 8ohm as the mid-woofer like in the original aria ligth version? do you have the the 5 w100s 4 ohm already or whats the reason?

take a look:

http://www.visaton.com/en/bauvorschl...ght/index.html
    Freundliche Grüße
    Vision BS, B200 Orgue, Solo75, Disub12, Fiesta25, Studio 1 KE+ BR25.50, Topas KE
    Heimkino CT Main200, CT Center 170, CT Dipol 130, TL SUB

Kommentar

• Pansen
      Registrierter Benutzer

It is the best for a 5.1 sepaker set if all speakers are the same, so one would prefer the Aria 2 Kits for your surround speakers, too.

So why don't you work with Aria 2, too. If you want it cheaper squeeze had already posted a solution.

For special construction of your future speakers we can help you with these crossover settings.
      boxsim-db.de - Datenbank für Boxsim-Projekte

Kommentar

• nanino
        Registrierter Benutzer

Zitat von squeeze Beitrag anzeigen
        the aria light will be a good loudspeaker, but i dont think you can use the original crossover of the aria 2 light. why can´t you use a w100s 8ohm as the mid-woofer like in the original aria ligth version? do you have the the 5 w100s 4 ohm already or whats the reason?

take a look:

http://www.visaton.com/en/bauvorschl...ght/index.html
        I'm afraid that Aria light would be too quiet comparing to Aria 2. Aria 2 has nominal impedance 4 Ohms, while Aria light 8 Ohms. Aria 2 light is quite big for me to accept it as surround speaker. So I thought this could be the way...

Kommentar

• nanino
          Registrierter Benutzer

Zitat von Pansen Beitrag anzeigen
          It is the best for a 5.1 sepaker set if all speakers are the same, so one would prefer the Aria 2 Kits for your surround speakers, too.

So why don't you work with Aria 2, too. If you want it cheaper squeeze had already posted a solution.

For special construction of your future speakers we can help you with these crossover settings.
          Aria 2 (or Aria 2 light) seems to me too big for surround. Aria 2 too expensive also, I think that quality of surrounds is not so much important.

Kommentar

• r0b
            r0b
            Registrierter Benutzer

Aria Light 8 Ohm equals Aria Light 4 Ohm in SPL.

Aria 2 Light has more SPL than either.

Building anything with some not-fitting crossover has some SPL, some response, but probably no decent sound.

I would suggest to build three Aria 2 Light for the front, build two aria Light for the surround.

Build them all as they are suggested in the plans!

Save some money and get a cheaper sub, or at least a less expensive Sub-amp. Quick google says 250 € for the Hypex. There's alternatives for half the price.

Build the X-over from parts, saves you money.

There are also some Ultra-light variations floating around the forum. With a DT94 or an SC10N as a tweeter. Might also consider these!

Definetely NO USE in trying to put a X-Over for something with two woofers in a box with one woofer!!!

Cheers,

Rob

Edit: Or look at Couplet light, or something with a W130S as mid-woofer + G20SC. That would push the max-SPL.

Also you should know: Speakers with 2 midwoofers don't sound worse than speakers with one, but they don't sound better either. They show a very different polar response (off-axis response) than speakers with one midwoofer. What is it that makes you want the Aria 2 Light sound? Did you hear them yet?

Kommentar

Lädt...
            X