• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Daci016
    Registrierter Benutzer

C200, C100, Hk9

Dear all,

I have a visaton car speaker system: bass - c200, mid - c100, tweater - hk9.
    I want to ask 2 questions:

Question 1: Have anybody hear this speakers, any info about comparation to other speakers from visaton (i.e. Starlet, Alto 3c) will be very important to me. (They are simmilar price range to Starlet, but I do not know will Starlet sound better- I do not have possibility to hear Starlet and decide on myself). This speakers have stopped manufacturing 20 years a go. What is your general oppinion : older speakers vs. new speakers ?

Question 2: I have constructed a cabinet for use in a home.
    IS THIS A MISTAKE because i used car speakers , (i have heard that car woofers are basslastig and they sound different), Note 1: I used the program to calculate box volume based on T/S parameters. and the calculated box volume is 40 l. Now I am confused because I thought that car woofer need more volume, over 100 l, or maybe this woofer is projected to be mounted also in a home box.

Thank in advance for every post. Best regards
  • Daci016
    Registrierter Benutzer

I would appreciate any info, suggestion ...

Kommentar

• GabbaGandalf
      Registrierter Benutzer

when you have properly simulated the bass enclosure, there is no reason why it shouldn´t work.
      the only problem with your speakers ist that they are so old that nobody has still experience with them.(except perhaps the admin?)
      another problem is that you will need to modify the crossovers when you put them into a enclosure, what is nearly impossible without some loudspeaker measurement system.

->conclusion: it might be easier to build new boxes than to optimize the old ones.
      wer rechtschreibefehler findet darf sie behalten!

Kommentar

• Daci016
        Registrierter Benutzer

Dear GabbaGandalf

Thank you for your post, but I did not understand you very well.

Can you please explain me what do you mean by modifying the crossover. It is original Visaton crossover that came with those speakers. If I use T/S parametars Fs, Qes, Qts, Vas, ... and calculate it with i.e. Winisdn or Speaker workshop, and construct exact enclosure volume that is suggested by this program, I do not see the purpose of modifying the crossover and need for speaker measurement system.

As I understood you, there is no problem to use car speakers in home. Please, confirm me that, because I heard somewhere that car speakers are not ment to be installed in home (enclosed volume).

Thank you for your time,

Kommentar

• UweG
          Registrierter Benutzer

Some car speakers are built for use in nearly infinite volume (e. g. luggage trunk). You can see this with a look on the Qts which then is 0.7 up to 1.0 and sometimes higher.
          Boxsim ... wenn Lautsprechersimulation gelingen soll.

Kommentar

• Daci016
            Registrierter Benutzer

These are speakers parameters:

Fs: 45 , Qms: 2,69 , Qes : 0,45 , Qts: 0,39 , Re: 3,0 , Vas: 43,2
            Spl: 91 db, Sd: 180 qcm, Pmax: 80 w,

So, based on the Qts value, there will be no problem to use this speakers in enclosure. Is this right ? Is there no other obstacle?

I ask this because I have heard that car speaker are ment to produce sound in small place (car), bass has longlassting strokes, etc. Or these parameters are only thing that values.

Thanks in advance.

Kommentar

• Alex2000
              Registrierter Benutzer

Hallo!

Yes ..

Kommentar

• UweG
                Registrierter Benutzer

Regarding bass, I would not see any problems to use them in a home speaker. If there would be any problem, then maybe with the crossover network. Thiele-Small parameters do not tell you everything, but nearly everything that happens with low frequencies at low sound pressure level.

I don't know how crossover networks are usually built for car speakers. Maybe little different to home speakers because of different position between speaker and listener.
                Boxsim ... wenn Lautsprechersimulation gelingen soll.

Kommentar

• Daci016
                  Registrierter Benutzer

Hallo,

Is there anybody who can explain me differencies abour car crossover network and regular crossover network for use in enclosure.
                  Can I use car crossover network without modifying it?

Thanks in advance.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                  X