X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • doctrin
    Registrierter Benutzer

Ahh alles klar ...denke mal nicht das es Probleme geben wird -> willst wohl die Gehäuseresonanzen veringern

MfG
    Bradley Manning verdient den Friedensnobelpreis.

Rette deine Freiheit . De

Du bist Terrorist!!!

Kommentar

• UweG
      Registrierter Benutzer

I think one woofer on each side of a box is a very good idea. The crossover is less critical than with only one woofer because of the design symmetry.
      You can influence the directivity around the crossover frequency with the phase between woofer and midrange. Other than with only one bass you will not get bad differences between left and right directions.

To reach a rather flat energy frequncy response, you should assure that, at the crossover frequency the woofer's phase is not later than the one of the midrange, better is the other way round.
      Zuletzt geändert von UweG; 14.07.2006, 01:02.
      Boxsim ... wenn Lautsprechersimulation gelingen soll.

Kommentar

• VISATON
        Administrator

Hier also die Klirrfaktormessung des TIW 200 XS in unserer geschlossene Messbox mit 500 l. Diese Messung allein sagt nicht viel aus, denn in einem anderen Gehäuse sähe das Ergebnis ganz anders aus. Beispielsweise wäre der Klirrfaktor in einem ausreichend großen, tief abgestimmten BR-Gehäuse im Tiefbass noch geringer, weil der Membranhub dort reduziert wäre.

Rot: K2 ...... Grün: K3
        Admin

Kommentar

• doctrin
          Registrierter Benutzer

Na das sieht doch gut aus, wenn man das mal mit einem 8" Eton Woofer vergleicht nimmt sich das nciht viel. Der TIW macht unterhalb von 50Hz Klirr und der Eton klirrt bei 100Hz stärker und dann erst bei sehr tiefen tönen weniger.
          Obwohl man nicht weiß in welchen Gehäuse der Eton verbaut war....ich denke mal nicht das in BR gemessen wird (wäre schon recht seltsam).
          Trennung wären 300-400Hz "ratsam"...alles Geschmackssache.

MfG

Du bist Terrorist!!!

Kommentar

• UweG
            Registrierter Benutzer

Der Klirr des TIW200XS im Tieftonbereich sieht IMHO extrem gut aus. Ich würde auch in einem geschlossenen Gehäuse kleineren Volumens (als 500 Liter) einen noch niedrigeren Klirrr erwarten, das dort der Pegel im Tiefsttonbereich niedriger ist und damit auch die Membranauslenkung.
            Boxsim ... wenn Lautsprechersimulation gelingen soll.

Kommentar

• doctrin
              Registrierter Benutzer

Sag doch ist ein feines Ding ...man will mir ja nicht glauben ....

Du bist Terrorist!!!

Kommentar

• doctrin
                Registrierter Benutzer

Schade das es nicht von mehr Chassis Klirrmessungen gibt

Du bist Terrorist!!!

Kommentar

• stimpies
                  Registrierter Benutzer

Update:

-I have now been auditioning the TIW200xs woofers in my system
                  (1 speaker makes 2 tiw200xs woofers in 70l cabinet , accuton c79mid en c12tweet). Crossover about 350 and 2500hz.

-Up to now I am very positive about these woofers. They play very thight and snappy with good extension (I can hear 30hz very good).
                  But also they provide the right timbre, detail definition and warmth in the lower midrange. They just sound natural. With these woofers "the picture fits."

-I have switched to coated papercone scanspeak 21w8555-00 to compare and while the measured frequencycurve is the same, it sounds completely different. With the scanspeak it just sound like flat, lifeless lower mids. (my parents and friends noted it too).
                  In non-linear distortion the scan is maybe a little better on lower volume but in higher level I didn't find any big differences either.

Is there any reasonable explanation for this?

(Anyhow I'm quite happy that visaton did deliver such a good product for the price.)

Kommentar

• doctrin
                    Registrierter Benutzer

Are you sure the frequency-response is the same?
                    Because of its higher inductivity the TIW200 has less sound pressure from 70Hz upwards so it has a lot of deep bass which could cause a warmer sounding!!!

Du bist Terrorist!!!

Kommentar

• stimpies
                      Registrierter Benutzer

While summed response in mid with the midrange was the same, the scanspeak played about 2db louder in the lower regions compared to visaton (with crossover adjusted to each of these drivers), so I would expect it to sound warmer, but it didn't.
                      (I don't have measurements anymore to back this up since I returned the scanspeaks).

Also it was not about the lowest bass, but more the lower mids that sound more right with the visaton. More to say I couldn't get the sound wrong with the visatons as I couldn't get it right with the scans.

Whatever may be the explanation, the visatons are to stay.

Now this is only in one situation, with a given amplifier and combination of drivers. So I don't take this too seriously. With other components the situation may well be different.

Kommentar

Lädt...
                      X