• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Alex_
    Registrierter Benutzer

CT142 help

Hi everyone!
    I have abandoned the idea of vox200 light for a time, and got almost all for CT142 prroject. I heard a lot of good things about this ct and decided to build one.
    My enclosure is about to be completed, got all for crossover, and damping material.
    But I could not find nowhere how exactly to properly dump the boxes. Can someone help me with just simple explanation on this stuff?
    Many thanks, Alex
  • walwal
    Registrierter Benutzer

Hi Alex

Here you can find additional Info:

http://www.visaton.de/vb/showthread.php?t=5293
    „Audiophile verwenden ihre Geräte nicht, um Ihre Musik zu hören. Audiophile verwenden Ihre Musik, um ihre Geräte zu hören.“

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• AlphaRay
      Registrierter Benutzer

I've found this picture of the interior

http://www.pcaxe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13294

Kommentar

• walwal
        Registrierter Benutzer

Dazu fällt mir folgendes ein:

"Machten wir eine Bilanz unseres geistigen Besitzes auf, so würde sich herausstellen, dass das meiste davon nicht unserem jeweiligen Vaterland, sondern dem gemeinsamen europäischen Fundus entstammt. Vier Fünftel unserer inneren Habe sind europäisches Gemeingut" - so hat das der spanische Philosoph Ortega y Gasset beschrieben.

In dem Sinne, frohe Ostern.
        „Audiophile verwenden ihre Geräte nicht, um Ihre Musik zu hören. Audiophile verwenden Ihre Musik, um ihre Geräte zu hören.“

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• Alex_
          Registrierter Benutzer

Thanks for the image. I have found this one also:

but was not sure which one is the right way for dumping. I think used way from this post's image is not correct?

Kommentar

• walwal
            Registrierter Benutzer

Hi, this foam ist too thin, it has hast to be 65 mm thick.

Abmessungen 1000 x 500 x 65 mm

In my opinion, the first picture shows the right way, but the way like picture 2 will also work well.

Alan Parsons

Kommentar

• Frankynstone
              Registrierter Benutzer

Damping

For damping this cabinet, the entire area of the inner TL inside, on the side behind the baffle, is pasted up with foam NG42. To do so, a stripe of 1m length and 16.5cm width is needed. Another stripe of 50cm*16.5cm is pasted to the bottom lid and to the lower part of the back lid. To influence the bass response, an additional piece of foam can be pasted behind the woofer. It is necessary to check the result in a listening session because the needed amount of damping depends on the room and the place of the speaker in it.

Translation of the original article from http://www.visaton.de/vb/showthread.php?t=5293 by Frankynstone. There might be errors.
              PN-Box ist voll, bei Bedarf E-Mail: Frankynstone(ätt)gmx(punkt)de

Kommentar

• Alex_
                Registrierter Benutzer

Thank you very much for the info. Will try to find similar foam, and do the dumping right. I hope will paste the images here
                Regards,
                Alex

Kommentar

• Alex_
                  Registrierter Benutzer

Hi all, here it is:

CT142 with DSM25FFL instead of DT94.

Just got the resistor in tweeter network down to 3,3 ohm, it is the only change from original design. Maybe will get later some measurements and crossover tuning, but for now I am satisfied.

Unbelieveable bass comes from these speakers....

p.s. got here: http://www.diyaudio.rs/topic/6994-visaton-ct142-my-way/ some more images of damping, build process, etc. Waiting for my second tweeter to complete other box

Kommentar

• Frankynstone
                    Registrierter Benutzer

Well done! Yes, definitely, the W170S can do helluvalot of bass. I've built the THO 170 - a light version of the VIP 170 - with W170S and SC10N and recently improved the crossovers. These do also perform great but still not perfectly neutral.

I love your coil winding method. Where did you get the coil former or have you cut the parts yourself? Do you have measuring equipment or is the number of turns only calculated?
                    PN-Box ist voll, bei Bedarf E-Mail: Frankynstone(ätt)gmx(punkt)de

Kommentar

• Alex_
                      Registrierter Benutzer

Well, I cut on laser cutting machine parts from acrylic glass to make them fit my needs. This way I can wind coils from 0.2mH up to 2mH, I think, or more, with only this one matrix.
                      For the calculation of number of turns, I use coilmaestro, small application, which showed pretty coorect calculations: http://www.datavoyage.com/coilmaestro/
                      Regards,
                      Alex

Kommentar

Lädt...
                      X