• Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge
  • Miljenko
    Registrierter Benutzer

Birne & Schnecke

Dear folks,
    this is my first post on Visaton forum. Excuse me for writing in English, my German is terrible, mostly relying on Google translate.
    I believe this project is interesting in many ways so I wanted to share it with you. It was inspired by Pacto F.A.S.T. project but differs in many details. I was not happy with FR 58 driver solution because of it's inferior dinamic range and not with B 80 either because of it's price. Another full driver came to my mind, the one I used a lot in different small speakers: SC 8 N. It provides decent performance, both technical and sound wise. And is reasonably priced. Bass driver is, of course, incredible small but powerful W 130 X driver.
    Since I do lot of 3D printing and produced couple of successful speaker boxes, I decided to print this more ambitious project. I redesigned two publicly available designs published on Thingiverse: Nautilus shaped shell: https:/www.thingiverse.com/thing:2398816 and pear shaped BR "box": https:/www.thingiverse.com/thing:2249300. I have increased the shell size by 4% in order to fit SC 8 N and enlarged the "pear" by 80% in X and Y axis, more in Z axis in order to get 15 liter volume and long BR tube, providing 36 Hz tuned box.
    Missing here is 15 cm tall stand that raises the whole thing above the floor.

Here is the crossover:

and BoxSim simulated frequency response:
    I have named the project in German in order to show my appreciation to what Visaton is providing us: great and affordable drivers and great free BoxSim software!
    Hoping the real speaker will perform equally good as this prediction! Fortunately enough, I have my own test lab capable of measuring all the characteristics so I can tailor later the crossover.
    I have already printed the "Nautilus shells" and stands, going to print the rest in the following couple of days.
    Zuletzt geändert von Miljenko; 29.04.2019, 13:04. Grund: URL correction
  • F.H.

Hello Miljenko,

welcome to the Visaton-Forum. I agree that this projekt is interesting for many of us. Please keep us informed.
    Friedemann

Kommentar

• zymorg
      Registrierter Benutzer

Hi Miljenko,

thanks for sharing your projekt with us, that looks really amazing! Never thought of using 3D printing for loudspeakers, but that could be the killer application

What kind of printer are you using? Must be a very large one, I suppose.

Please keep us posted!

Cheers
      www.geringeneer.de

Kommentar

• Miljenko
        Registrierter Benutzer

Zitat von zymorg Beitrag anzeigen
        Hi Miljenko,

thanks for sharing your projekt with us, that looks really amazing! Never thought of using 3D printing for loudspeakers, but that could be the killer application
        There are lots of 3D printed speakers published all over the internet actually. Different kinds of plastics and filling structures can provide favorable acoustic properties compared to wood. Some designs like Aleph1 are already very reputable when it comes to both sound and looks.

What kind of printer are you using? Must be a very large one, I suppose.
        My new, larger printer made this project possible. It is Geeetech A30 with 32 x 32 x 42 cm working space. The funny part is: it comes with price tag of €350 only. Before that I could only produce smaller speakers up to 20 x 20 x 18 cm (with more common sized Prusa i3 printer).

Please keep us posted!
        You bet I will. It is one very exciting project and I love to share it with you, guys.
        Best regards, Miljenko

Kommentar

• Laudio
          Registrierter Benutzer

This is amazing!
          dong dong beat beat dong dong rhyme rhyme

Kommentar

Lädt...
          X